Today, students are connecting three ways across three continents. From the American University in Cairo, Egypt to Örebro University in Sweden, all the way to Stanford University in California, students are video-conferencing in real time to discuss cultural blog entries and differences in living accommodations, education, and cultural values (doxa).
According to the Lesson Plan, students will first introduce themselves and then discuss their blog posts that show aspects of their culture.
After sharing their differences, they will be creating a brochure TOGETHER as a team –> and composing a visual argument to launch their imaginary new company.
• What did you learn about rhetoric and cross-cultural communication today?
• How did you resolve any technical difficulties (we know you had some!) What was your solution?
• What was most memorable moment or element of the video-conference exchange? What surprised you the most?
• Explain your GROUP BROCHURE – how did you create it? What does it mean?
• What new insights do you have about diverse cultures or ways of working together that you can use for your future?